Sunday, 26 February 2012

Target Audience

Top of the Pops magazine is targeted at 11-15 year olds. I have decided that the target audience for my magazine will be 11-15 year olds which are students in year 7 to year 9. My survey will be given to year 9 students at Camden School for Girls. I decided to target year 9 students because they fit into the target audience of TOTP magazine. As the main content of the magazine includes celebrity gossip, fashion and beauty advice and interviews with pop stars and movie stars, the brand identity of this magazine is a innocent, happy, commercialised and teen magazine. It is aimed at a younger market who are interested in celebrities.I will represent musicians as being innocent and happy, similarly to the brand identity of the magazine. I will make the price lower for my target audience; Top of The Pops is sold at a higher price because of the free gifts included.